Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sad, sad news...

After over two years of fighting unbelievable battles against this insidious disease, Beansaver lost the kidney cancer war on September 6th. She never could build enough stamina after suffering Sutent's side effects and the ascites fluid buildup and thus the new drug Afinitor was never an option. She continued fighting - struggling to get up every day, in spite of several debilitating symptoms including 30 lbs of edema in her legs, until she was too weak to do so and she went to a very nice hospice for comfort care. Five days later on Sunday morning she died peacefully in her sleep with BeanSaverMom holding her very brave little girl's hand...

I know Beansaver truly appreciated all of you who followed her blog and I'm sure you will all miss her often humorous and entertaining posts - a true feat when it comes to talking about kidney cancer.

Beansaver's Facebook friends can find additional information on her wall.
---BeanSaverMom

7 comments:

Joannah said...

BeanSaverMom,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've been reading this blog since my husband was diagnosed with Stage IV RCC earlier this summer. My heart aches for you and the friends and family left behind.

May you find peace and comfort in the love of your friends and family and the presence of God.

Blessings.

Sue G said...

Dear BeanSaverMom:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I learned about Sarah the same time I learned about her death. I wish I had found her sooner.

I was diagnosed with renal cell in 2004. I have had IL-2, a radical nephrectomy, two cryoablations, and have been on Sutent for 16 moths. I know this isn't the easiest journey to be on, and I also know that someone so young and so beautiful should have won this war!

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Ill miss you baby bear. We will all see you with God in the future. God bless all your family and loved ones.
-Inspector #12
-James Martin

Anonymous said...

Dear BeanSaver Mom:

I'm so sorry to hear the news. I loved her style of writing and the way she dealt with what life handed to her. I truly understand what you are feeling as I lost my husband on July 18 - after a two year battle with RCC. My prayers are with you and yours.....

J

karen in ottawa canada said...

So so sorry for your loss. As an RCC patient myself, I found great comfort and comraderie checking in here regularly. Our Beansaver will be very missed.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom is fighting kidney cancer for the second time, and I found this blog while searching for "sutent side effects."

Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sarah was a friend and coworker at Bolt. She was the one person you could always count on to say the right thing - honest, direct and funny. I hope you and your family will find comfort in her memories and know how much she was loved by the world around her.
Peace and comfort - Shari