Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Sunday, December 16, 2007

2 Dollars - I want my 2 DOLLARS!

The drug that i continue to refer to that i am on, sutent, is a whopping $8500 for 28 pills(1 cycle). and no, i didnt forget the decimal point. with my insurance, i pay $2500, then all Rx after that are completely covered because 1 cycle of sutent alone meets my deductible. the reason these little capsules of diamond dust cost so much is because the drug is so new and only available through pfizer. the drug also has limited use currently because it has only been tested on a few things. if they found enough other uses for it, the cost could come down. this is another reason the post below is so exciting. whether my nerve bump is related to the cancer or not, the fact that the sutent seems to have an effect on it is big news in itself. if i was a dr. with a patient that could put me in the the pages of medical history, i'd be pretty damn giddy too.

No comments: