Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas here i come!

follow up appt. went just dandy. dr. doom is glad to see my weight down. i'm not. i'm actually feeling a little like a skeleton, but i guess if i was too skinny the doc would do something about it. steady as i go again with this appt. the only thing was that i was low on magnesium again and had to go to the infusion center the next day to get a 3hour IV drip of magnesium and i am now on a daily dose of magnesium since my body seems to not be able to retain that mineral while on the sutent. many of you are wondering what magnesium does for you....a lot of people have asked me so i figured many more might be curious. well, the dr. told me that it helps your body function better and helps you process the nutrients in your food more effectively. will it help me with the fatigue? many have asked that as well....the answer is that i'm not sure. it would seem that in a round about way it should help with the fatigue since it will be helping my body get more out of what i am able to eat and keep down. hopefully that will be the case.

that's about it for now. i have felt like i might be coming down with something over the past couple days, but i can't tell if it is just from the magnesium boost or if my body is trying to fight something off. needless to say i have been resting a lot and being a big baby because i don't want to be sick for christmas. so team beansaver, cross everything once again for me that i will get over whatever is ailing me and that i will be well for christmas day! i hope you all have a wonderful holiday and an amazing new year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lets hope that the magnesium does the trick! Here's hopping for a happy holiday and great new year!

Inspector #12