Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vampire Revenge!

well, i had my check up appt. today and apart from the edema taking forever to go down, the only other thing wrong with me right now is my hemoglobin is still low. when i left the hospital it was 8.6 and it is now up to 8.8(i think norm is around 10ish), but dr. doom wants to get it up faster so you know what that means????? THAT means that i get to take back some of what was taken from me by the vampires that lurk in the hospital. i am going in for a 2 unit blood transfusion on friday. MMmmmm....precious blood...i will get you back! yummy O-neg blood....2 units all mine! i get to become vampire for a day. it will take about 5 hrs. 1.5 to 2 for each unit and then they have to watch me for 30 min after each one to make sure that i am doing alright. dr. doom says that it will help me feel less tired and that it will help speed the absorbtion of the fluid from the edema back into my body.

also, i have not been able to taste anything in a very long time. the short breaks i get from the sutent are not long enough to recover from that side effect completely, so dr. doom said i don't have to go back on the sutent until i can taste again. YEAH! i get to taste again. i am so excited. my skinny ass is going to be pigging out once i can taste again. i can't wait! woohoo!

but first, i shall get my revenge on the vampires from last week and replenish some of what was taken from me! friday i will be the blood sucking vampire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hey, vampire girl!" --- Embry Call in Eclipse (Twilight Series)