Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Houston....we are a go.

Monday March 17th, St. Patty's Day, Jen's b-day....now Operation "Slice N Dice" also shares this date. Surgery to remove the cantaloupe sized ovary and hopefully the kidney and surrounding "stuff" is scheduled for 11:30am. I am to check in at 9:30. I also have 2 pre-op appointments on March 12th. one is at the hospital for all of the preliminary blood work and medical history and meeting with the anaesthesiologist, etc. that one is at 3 and could last for up to 2hrs. the other pre-op appointment is with dr. cold fish to go over what im supposed to do to prepare for surgery, etc. the nurse mentioned something about "bowel prep". im not sure what that means, but i am not looking forward to it...why does everything always end up being about my bowels?! geesh!

as far as the naming of the surgical team....i'll be taking suggestions as well as votes for favorites until Sunday the 16th. let's be creative people!!! half of you are designers or creatives! :P the winner gets...ummm...a night in the hospital with me...ok, ok...how bout bragging rights. that's about all i got. hehe.

2 comments:

wondertart said...

You go girl!!!! You gonna kick this thang's ass!!!!! :-) How dare those things even think of occupying your body? Geesh! About that bowel thing....don't wanna go there :-) I am thinking of you every day!

Bean Saver said...

thanks woman! i can feel the love all the way across the country!