Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Better than lipo...

well, i had my 3 week check up yesterday(was supposed to be today but they moved it up so i could get an appt to be drained sooner). i had the paracentesis appt afterwards and they pulled 4ltrs off again...approx. 9lbs. woohoo! shorter recovery and faster results than lipo! :) the pattern that seems to be developing is when i take a break from the sutent, my belly begins to fill with fluid...when i start back on the sutent, it can't fight the fluid that is already there and it continues to build up. BUT, if i am drained while i am already on the sutent, it seems to be able to maintain and even reduce the fluid more. so, there is a sort of "cap" as far as amount of fluid that the sutent has an effect on.

other than being drained yesterday, my check up went fine...no major side effects yet except for being in the potty a lot...that one always shows up first. my labs showed that my potassium was low and my calcium was low again. they are calling in a Rx for the potassium supplement and i am supposed to start back on the daily tums again. otherwise it is business as usual.

i am going on a beach trip. i can't wait for some nice relaxing beach time. HURRICANES BE GONE!!! i'll post some pics when i get back. its not for a couple weeks, but i am excited now! :)

tootles team beansaver!

No comments: