Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What a good boy!!!

My baby came through his surgery with flying colors. the tumor was approx. 1in and they had to cut into the surrounding tissue another cm or so to make sure that they got everything. he is all stitched up, but since this type of surgery tends to swell(so they tell me) and put too much pressure on the sutures, they had to make little incisions on the sides to relieve the tension. they told me it kind of looked like a potato with the little dimples. so, he is all stitched up and bandaged up. i will have to change the bandages for a couple days, but i am used to bandaging animals since i've been around horses for most of my life and have had to take care of several injured beasts. you'd be surprised what animals can get themselves into...sometimes fact is stranger than fiction. i once had to take care of a mare who managed to break her leg....changing the bandages on that was sure fun...insert sarcastic look here. she was a tad on the crazy side anyway...you could never turn your back on her cuz she might be rearing or hauling off and nailing you with her back leg when you turned back around. of course her mother thought she was an angel. ha!

anyway, i pick him up today. i have no idea what doggie surgery costs these days, but i'm sure it is pricey. i'll let you guys know the damage as i am sure you are curious. also, i'll be nursing him through his recovery over the next few days/weeks. my mom nurses me through recovery, now i am the doggie mom nursing my baby through recovery. don't know why i find that funny.

thanks for the finger, toes, arms and legs crossing for my pup! i will post a picture of him once i get him home....im sure he's going to look pitiful and have on one of those Elizabethan collars. hehe.

No comments: