Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Break time!!!!

w00t! w00t! i had my usual 3 week check up today and dr. doom said he wanted to try a new sutent schedule on for size. i am to go 2 weeks on 1 week off and see how that works for me. he said that there is some data that suggests that with clear cell RCC at least, frequent breaks has increased the amount of shrinkage. since my type of RCC is responding to sutent the same as clear cell, he wants to see if it will also respond to this type of schedule. i don't care what his reasons are, all i know is that i get more breaks which means less side effects which means a happier me! yippie!

my next appt. isn't until thanksgiving week...i will have my 3 month scan that week as well. this is one time when shrinkage is a good thing. hehe. :)

anyway, that's all that i have to report today. happy halloween team beansaver!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your appointment today! Praying and wishing you well.

Inspector #12