Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Friday, November 14, 2008

steady as i go....

i've been back on the sutent for almost two weeks. it will be two weeks on monday actually. same ole side effects. nothing new....super tired. the week of thanksgiving i have my 3 month scans and follow up appointment to find out the latest results....whether the sutent is still working. hopefully i will hear good news and be able to have a good thanksgiving holiday.

on a separate note, i did find out that i was approved for social security benefits. sure doesn't pay for much, but its something and beggars can't be choosers right! also found out the my disability payments have been approved until the year 2041! w00t! that was even better news! thank goodness for great company benefits.

cross your fingers, toes, legs, arms...you know, all the usual things to cross the week of thanksgiving team beansaver!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you and have been thinking about you lots....we Reeves' have everything crossed and are proud to be part of the beansaver team.

Anonymous said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! on disability payments through 2041 . . . that must give you a little peace of mind. Good for you!

Dave (your Mom's and Doug's friend in Winston-Salem)

Anonymous said...

You know, it's really difficult to walk with my legs and eyes crossed, but I'm getting used to it! :-) Congrats on the disability payments girlie! Wow! And, no worries on the scans, I just KNOW it will be wonderful news! Lefty doesn't stand a chance in this battle :-) Love you lots bear!

WONDERTART!

Anonymous said...

Palms together, praying to the Man! I have faith you will have great news today.

Inspector #12