Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Tortoise and the Hare

ok. im back on the 25mg dose....started last thurs and so far so good. the fluid seems to be building at a slower pace, but im not sure why. could be the weeks on a high protein diet or the sutent starting to help a bit or my body finally catching up with the edema and the amount of fluid that has had to be drained over and over again so often lately....OR all of the above. every time they have drained since i got out of the hospital in jan, they end up leaving 2,3 or maybe 4 ltrs in there and my body just can't deal with that much on its own. it is only when they get it down to 1 or 2 left in my belly does the sutent and my body seem to be able to get rid of the rest on its own and balance out. so, i am going to be drained again this thurs even tho it seems to be building slower. i am hoping that they will take another 3 out and leave me with only 1 or 2 and since ive been on the sutent since last thurs, hopefully my theory will be correct and what used to work a few short months ago will work once again.

otherwise i am slowly, and i mean SLOWLY, building up my stamina again. i was so weak after getting out of the hospital and then stupidly trying the 50mg when i wasn't up to par yet and then on top of all that, weaning off of the morphine. man, i was just as weak as i was after surgery and it is taking a long time to get my strength back. its such a long, painful and frustrating road. any normal person would be back within weeks, for me it takes 3 or 4 times that. the tortoise vs. the hare. i am now the tortoise, but we all know how that story ended, right?! well, hopefully that will be me...slow and steady.

slow and steady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There isn't any "Hopefully" to it. You WILL win the race. 8)

-Jamie

LOLZ my word verification was "Wy Eat" this really is your blog