Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dec 28th - the big call

waiting, waiting, waiting...it is the worst thing. i hate waiting...trying to keep your mind off of what you are waiting for.

ring, ring...FINALLY, the dr calls. he says that the scan shows that i have had some reduction. he needs to talk to the surgeon to see if there has been enough reduction to operate. he is in a hurry to get off the phone and try to get in contact with the surgeon.

good news. the drug is working. it is actually working. i am now among the 30% of patients that the drug actually reduces the amount of cancer, not just slows the growth.

yippie. another good day. after so many bad days it is great to have a good day. my luck has been so terrible...could it finally be my turn to have some good luck?!

my follow up appointment to see my scans and get word about surgery or no surgery is Jan 2nd.

fingers, toes, arms and legs all crossed again.

No comments: