Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Worse than the dentist

last night was my last sutent pill for this round. the side effects hit me hard at the end of this cycle. they tend to build up, but this time it was like a smack in the face one morning....BAM!! we're here! tongue peeling, sensitive mouth, lack of taste, painfully dry skin around my nose and in other random places on my body, nose bleeds, fatigue and the never ending bathroom visits. oh joy! although i have mentioned that the side effects are a small price to pay if the "miracle drug" is working, it is definitely worse than the dentist.

right now i am looking forward to a few weeks of normalcy...the side effects will slowly subside now and i just need to relax until my scan on feb. 11th.

once again, finger, toes, arms, legs all crossed....it seemed to work last time so what the hell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[Glass raised] Here's to feeling more normal everyday! And I've got everything crossed too - eyes included. ( @) (@ ) ---MB