Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Sunday, August 31, 2008

back to the usual topic....me.

i was off of sutent for 9 days...long enough for the side effects to subside...mostly. i didn't get full taste back in my mouth and my blisters on my fingers aren't quite gone, but my belly started to fill with fluid again. it was starting to get uncomfortable so i called and talked to my immunotherapy coordinator and she said to go back on the sutent to try and help the fluid build up. so, my break was short and i am back on the sutent. the runs came back right away, but the other side effects are slow to show as usual...thank goodness. this is the plan for a while at least. dr. doom wants to try to get me on a 5 or 6 week on 1 week off cycle with the 25mg dose since it seems to be working pretty well. i will keep the usual 3 week check ups. maybe he will think about switching to the 37.5mg dose again in the future, but for now im sticking with the 25mg. long term plan is to stay on the sutent until it doesn't work anymore then try something else. that's all the new info i have right now. we are in one big trial and error cycle...testing the limits of my body...how long i can stand taking the sutent...when do i need a break...how long can the break can be...how long will it continue to be effective. yadda yadda yadda...

No comments: