Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary Lefty!

well, maybe not the happiest of anniversaries, but Aug. 22nd marks the day that i found out about my cancer and the day that my life changed forever. its been a long 12 months and i have many more months of fighting to go, but 12 months is 4x longer than my dr.'s lowest life expectancy estimate. so, eat your heart out dr. doom. CDRCC aint getting rid of me that easily!

Wed. Aug. 20th is my next scan to see what lefty's been up to...sneaky little bastard that he is. the last scan was back in May and it was simply to get a benchmark after surgery. i was not back on any meds at that point. on scan day i will have been on a full cycle of 37.5mg(4wks) and a constant dose of 25mg for 7 weeks. hopefully it is still doing something in there! the side effects are kicking my butt so it better be kicking some cancer butt in addition to mine.

i'll update the blog as soon as i can once i get some news about my scans. one thing i can go ahead and report is that the fluid is not building up nearly as fast. in fact, it is hard to tell if it is building up at all or if some days i just have gas bloating my belly. :)

cross your fingers, toes, legs, arms for scan day team bean saver! thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fingers,toes,legs,arms and even my eyes are crossed 'cause I know that the scans will show that you have been doing some major cancer ass kicking. Good luck and much love from your crazy Aunt Deb!!!!BTW,I saw Step Brothers today. It was soooooo funny!

Anonymous said...

Scan day tomorrow! Good luck and I'll be praying for you. Waiting to hear good news in your next post!

Inspector #12