Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Friday, August 1, 2008

Drink your milk!

quick update. they got my labs back and my thyroid looks good, but i was low in calcium. so, i have to chew 2 tums twice a day for the next 3 weeks until my next check up. i was surprised that calcium was the only thing that was low since i am poopin' everything out so fast...i thought for sure i would be deficient in more minerals than that. usually my potassium and my magnesium are low, thankfully they are fine.

hopefully this will be the last post for a couple weeks...until my next check up. remember, no news is good news right now. holding steady with crappy side effects..that's my story and im stickin' to it! :P

on another note...i got a wii finally!! w00t! challengers...any challengers? who wants to kick the cancer patients' ass in some Kung Fu Panda!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say screw the tums and go straight for the milk shakes :-) Love you Bear! Got Milk??? :-) Wondertart... although it may be wonderfart now since I just splurged on KFC! Yuck!