Whatchu talkin bout Willis?!

so, in my search for people like me out there...30 somethings that have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, the pickin's are slim. many personal blogs are about random drama in people's lives that few other people in this world give a rat's a$$ about...this one will probably be no different. although the main subject will be my cancer, i'm sure i will go off on random tangents about anything from mixed emotions to who cut me off on the highway today. im not an english major...i wont capitalize or punctuate correctly, i will change tenses and i will speak like a g33k from time to time. basically i will be me...because i can hide behind my computer screen and its great!

ps...i will also jump around...my mind is all over the place all the time...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My ears were burnin'!!

Monday between 12 and 1 my ears were burnin'.....why you ask? well, because dr. doom was presenting my case during the monday conference because i had responded extremely well to the sutent....AGAIN! yippie! i had my scan on the same day as my check up appt. so the radiologist hadn't had a chance to go over them yet, but dr. doom looked at them with all of us and gave us his take on them. below is the play by play....

first, there was some fluid in the bottom of my left lung that had been there for some time, but he wasn't too worried about it...this time on the scan...it didn't show up at all...completely gone.

second, i had up to 50% reduction in cancerous tissue around several of my lymph nodes...GRRRREAAT!!

third, there were 3 lesions on my liver on the previous scan that were now gone...however, there was a new spot that dr. doom wasn't sure about and needed to consult with the radiologist about.

fourth, and yes, i saved the best for last...the cancerous tissue in and around my kidney had also been reduced significantly. (i don't have a percentage for that one yet) dr. doom was very pleased with my continued response to sutent and presented my case on monday. he loves me cuz im a good success story for him so far...and i love it because it motivates him even more to get me into remission! that is a long way off and a tough road that i will have to travel, but that is the ultimate goal of course.

well, that's the news that fit to print folks. i am going to Va Beach over labor day weekend for a much needed vacation away from hospitals and dr.'s and the C word. i am most likely starting back on the sutent when i get back from vacation....fun, fun, fun. hopefully the side effects will be delayed for a couple weeks this time....that would be wonderful.

thanks team bean saver! hope your summers have been great and your vacations have been restful. i'll update when/if i learn more details about my scans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah sounds like you were a star in dr. doom's conference room on Monday.....and that star quality you have is going to take you all the way into remission! Have a great vacation at VA beach. You sure deserve it!

Anonymous said...

OMG - you go Bear! Kick that c's ass!!!! Lefty doesn't stand a chance! :-) Thank goodness I can finally uncross my fingers, eyes....and especially legs!!! The crossing paid off ;-) I love you Bear and keep up the good work! I hope you have a great time in VA Beach! Wondertart